Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another exciting week with cousins




Little did I know that my mom had coordinated all of the cousins on my side to get together at her house for the week we returned from Camp Overstreet! So, off we went for another week with cousins…Jake, Emily, Garrett, Caleb, Blake, Ethan, Nate, Eli, Haley and Alyssa! All of the kids enjoyed swimming and playing video games. The older boys went fishing, hunting and on nature walks through the woods. The younger ones had fun just playing together outside, inside and everywhere in between. Pee-paw took them fishing and for rides on the Gator. Mee-maw swam with them, played board games and just visited with each of them to see what was going on in their worlds. Each night, we took those who could attend to Vacation Bible School at Vansickle. This allowed my boys to hook up with their friends.



Not only were the cousins there, but Grandma came for the week as well. Most of you know she has alheizmer. She has to have care 24/7. Mom and I took care of her and the 10 kids. Noone came up missing, nor was anyone injured. I considered it a great accomplishment! It has been a long time since I have been able to spend that much time with Grandma. We enjoyed her so much. Blake really has a way with her. He couldn’t pass her without hugging her or talking with her. I enjoyed my time with her. It wasn’t like spending time with your grandma, that has been gone for awhile. But it was time knowing her now, today. She is a hoot and I loved the adventures she took all of on during our time together. She is such a compassionate person with a lot of spunk! The kids kept her going and always put a smile on her face, unless they were really loud or arguing…then she was going to get her switch!


It was a fun filled, exhausting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment